SSG offers subsidies of up to 95% of the course or assessment fees to Singaporeans who are WTS recipients. These subsidies are applicable to both the WSQ Basic Food Hygiene Course, as well as the WSQ Refresher Food Hygiene Course, or the Assessment Only (for Refresher Course).
How does one know whether s/he is a WTS recipient? If s/he has received the WTS letter (see sample attached), s/he is confirmed a WTS recipient and can enjoy the 95% subsidy for all WSQ courses.
To enjoy the funding support for the WSQ Basic/Refresher Food Hygiene Courses, this is what s/he has to do:
Step (1) Check the available schedules of the course at www.xprienz.biipmi.co
Step (2) Bring along ANY of the following documents to any Community Development Councils (CDCs) (see addresses below):
- the WTS letter; or
- Latest Workfare Income Support (WIS) Scheme Notification letter – issued by CPF Board; or
- Latest Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) Tax Notification letter; or
- Latest SingPost receipt for CPF income declaration; or
- Any one of the worker’s last three months’ payslip; or
- Employment letter/contract dated not more than 3 months before course registration
Step (3) Give the CDC Career Officer the course provider name (XpRienz Pte Ltd), and the course title (WSQ Food Hygiene Course; or WSQ Food Hygiene Course (Refresher, AOP)), and the course date
Step (4) Enroll for the class at www.xprienz.biipmi.co . Please indicate “Refresher ” in the Comments, and “Subsidy Applied “.
Step (5) When you attend the course, you will need to show your WTS letter and only need to pay the following fee:
- $7.50 (Subsidised fee) + $10.50 (GST) = $18.00 for WSQ Basic Food Hygiene Course
- $4.00 (Subsidised fee) + $5.60 (GST) = $9.60 for WSQ Refresher Food Hygiene Course
- $3.00 (Subsidised fee) + $4.20 (GST) = $7.20 for WSQ Refresher Food Hygiene Course (Assessment Only)
Do contact us at +65-67877151 or +65-67443587 if you have any queries.
Note: A WTS recipient is one who earns < $1900/m, above 35yo, and is a Singaporean. S/he must have worked at least 2 months out of any 3 months period. Please refer to this link for other criteria.
Addresses of Career Centres to apply for subsidies:
|1) Central CDC
490 Lorong 6
Toa Payoh #07-11
HDB Hub Bizthree
(Lift Lobby 1)
|2) Northeast CDC
300 Tampines Ave 5
3) North West CDC
Woodlands Civic Centre
4) South East CDC
11 Eunos Road 8
Lifelong Learning Institute
5) South West CDC
8 Jurong Town Hall Road
The JTC Summit
Related Links :-