COURSE OBJECTIVES :
At the end of the course, learners will understand:
- Understand the elements required to produce basic bread dough
- List and describe the ingredients and their functionality used in making bread dough
- Explain the fermentation process and fermentation requirements when making bread dough
- )Explain dough development requirements for bread dough’s
- Calculate bread formula using Baker’s Percentage
- Describe how to control finished dough temperature by the use of chilled or iced water
- Produce basic bread dough using Straight Dough and Sponge & Dough methods
- Scale, shape and mould dough pieces using hand or machinery to required form
- Proof and bake dough to a satisfactory standard
- Bake various bread types using oven conditions appropriate to bread type
- Cool and store baked breads in appropriate manner
- Evaluate bread products following quality parameters
- Produce bread dough following standard hygiene and food safety requirements for food production
COURSE CONTENT :
- Learning Unit 1: Baking Bread Basics
- Learning Unit 2: Bread Mise-en-Place
- Learning Unit 3: Bread Preparation and Baking Process
- Learning Unit 4: Ensure Quality of Baked Bread
- Learning Unit 5: Adhere to Hygiene & Food Safety Requirements
The course fee is $400 /pax (GST applicable). SDF subsidies are available.
SkillsFuture Subsidies :
SSG offers up to 90% subsidies for these course fees. For the various funding amounts, please Click here to find out more.
Payment is preferred cash-less; either via NETS/GIRO/PAYNOW, company cheque (for company enrolments), and Skillsfuture Credit where applicable.
Enrollment and Schedules :
Enrollment can be done though phone, email or our online schedule
All courses indicated here are scheduled to run (confirmed dates).
Contact No: +65-64389693