Course Objectives and Content
- Upon completion, the candidates will be able to:
- Identify the Types and uses of baking tools and equipment
- Identify and explain the types, characteristics, functions and quality indicators of baking ingredients
- Interpret the Recipes and methods of preparing cookies
- Explain the Importance of using correct ratio and proportion of ingredients
- Explain the Importance of sifting dry ingredients and resting dough
- Explain the Techniques of piping and cutting the dough
- Identify and explain the process of baking cookies and factors that influence the baking process
- Assess and determine Indicators of doneness
- Identify the methods of cooling and storing cookie products
- Identify and explain the quality characteristics of cookie products
- Identify the common faults in making cookie products that affects its quality and how to prevent them
- Identify the hazards and explain the preventive measures of each hazard such as chemical and thermal hazards\
- Assemble baking tools and equipment
- Prepare ingredients for making cookies
- Prepare and shape/ cut dough for baking and add pre-baked toppings or finishing (if any)
- Bake dough
- Cool and store finished cookie products
- Reinstate work station in accordance with organisational procedures, food and Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) requirements
The course fee is $350 /pax (GST applicable). SDF subsidies are available. Please Click here for more information.
SkillsFuture Subsidies :
SSG offers up to 90% subsidies for these course fees. For the various funding amounts, Please Click here for more information.
Payment is preferred cash-less; either via NETS/GIRO/PAYNOW, company cheque (for company enrolments), and Skillsfuture Credit where applicable.
Enrollment and Schedules :
Enrollment can be done though phone, email or our online schedule
All courses indicated here are scheduled to run (confirmed dates).
Contact No: +65-64389693