COURSE OBJECTIVES :
At the end of the course, learners will understand:
- Understand the elements required to produce basic choux pastry products
- List and describe the functionality of ingredients used in making choux pastry products
- Calculate choux paste recipe using Baker’s Percentage
- Describe the ingredient pre-conditioning requirements that apply to choux paste making methods
- Describe the basic mixing method and processing parameters for making choux pastry
- Apply the choux paste making method to produce a variety of choux pastry products
- Pipe choux paste into a variety of shapes onto prepared baking trays at sizes and shapes required by product specifications
- Bake choux paste items in suitable hot oven with appropriate oven conditions (steam) to ensure a dry crisp product
- Remove and cool choux pastry cases prior to filling
- Prepare suitable fillings and toppings required to finish choux paste products to an acceptable standard
- Present finished items as per buffet or shop window display
COURSE CONTENT :
- Learning Unit 1: Choux Pastries Basics
- Learning Unit 2:Choux Pastries Mise-en-Place
- Learning Unit 3:Choux Pastries Preparation and Baking Process
- Learning Unit 4:Ensure Quality of Prepared Choux Pastries
- Learning Unit 5:Adhere to Hygiene & Food and Workplace Safety Requirements
The course fee is $400 /pax (GST applicable). SDF subsidies are available.
SkillsFuture Subsidies :
SSG offers up to 70% subsidies for these course fees. For the various funding amounts, please Click here to find out more.
Payment is preferred cash-less; either via NETS/GIRO/PAYNOW, company cheque (for company enrolments), and Skillsfuture Credit where applicable.
Enrollment and Schedules :
Enrollment can be done though phone, email or our online schedule
All courses indicated here are scheduled to run (confirmed dates).
Contact No: +65-64389693