COURSE OBJECTIVES :
At the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand the elements required to produce muffins batters and scone dough
- List and describe the functionality of ingredients used in making muffins and scones
- Calculate muffin and scone recipe using baker’s percentage
- Describe the ingredient pre-conditioning requirements for making muffins and scone products
- Describe the basic mixing methods and processing parameters for making muffins and scones products
- Apply the various mixing methods to produce muffins and scone items
- Deposit muffin batters into prepared tins and muffin cups
- Sheet scone dough to desire thickness by hand and cut to appropriate shape using hand cutters
- Line scone pieces onto prepared baking tray, egg wash
- Describe why it is necessary to rest scone dough prior to baking
- Bake muffins and scones at appropriate baking temperature and suitable oven settings to a satisfactory standard
- Remove and cool muffin and scones appropriately
- Finish muffin products where appropriate for presentation
COURSE CONTENT :
- Learning Unit 1: Muffins & Scones Basics
- Learning Unit 2: Muffins & Scones Mise-en-Place
- Learning Unit 3: Muffins & Scones Preparation and Baking Process
- Learning Unit 4: Ensure Quality of Baked Muffins & Scones
- Learning Unit 5: Adhere to Hygiene & Food safety Requirements
The course fee is $400 /pax (GST applicable). SDF subsidies are available.
SkillsFuture Subsidies :
SSG offers up to 90% subsidies for these course fees. For the various funding amounts, please Click here to find out more.
Payment is preferred cash-less; either via NETS/GIRO/PAYNOW, company cheque (for company enrolments), and Skillsfuture Credit where applicable.
Enrollment and Schedules :
Enrollment can be done though phone, email or our online schedule
All courses indicated here are scheduled to run (confirmed dates).
Contact No: +65-64389693